Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The City


The view from my balcony.
 

            Last Saturday my roommates and I went shopping. We went to a Target in Queens, and a candy store at Lexington & 3rd called Dylan’s Candy Bar. It was such a fun day, Dylan’s is amazing! Before I left I joked about the “freshmen 50 lb” for pastry students…it’s not as funny now. J If I don’t make it to the gym soon it could be bad. But I think I’m walking about two miles a day, plus all the stairs in and out of the subway. If you don’t know where I’m living, it’s called Roosevelt Island, a little island in the East River. So the subway is at least four stories underground. I share an apartment with two other pastry students. Michelle and Laura. They just moved to level two, so they’ve been here about two months. They’re showing me all the shortcuts, and ins and outs of the city. Other than the fact that the city really doesn’t sleep, meaning all the lights and sounds in the middle of the night, it’s been treating me well.

Skyline


            I know everyone is wondering if I’ve found a church. God really is great! I found a church (the first one I tried) with a young adults bible study called Cross Roads. I went last Sunday and loved it! It’s at the Calvary  Baptist church @ 57th and 6th. I’m looking forward to getting to know all of them there. I’ll try to keep you posted. <3
All the pieces of my uniform.

My Chef's coat!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! :) Woohoo, chef J-lyn...its official. However, I would like to see a picture of you wearing it!
    So glad things are going well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you now big city girl! Stop by my blog and say hi ;)

    ReplyDelete