Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My First Post: Tarts and Cookies

            Welcome to my first post! I’m not sure where to start. I’ve been at school for about two weeks now, and we’ve already covered so much. Some of my favorites include Tarte aux Pommes (Apple Tart), Pots De Crème Au Chocolat (Chocolate Custard), Tarte aux Fruits Frais (Fresh Fruit Tart), Vanille-Kipferl (Viennese Vanilla Crescents), Gingersnaps, and Fig Newtons.

Apple Tart
This was my first tart. The apple compote in the center is still
 one of my favorite things we've made.


Chocolate Custard

My container of cookies :)


 
Tarte Bourdaloue
We poached the pears in white wine, they were fantastic!
The almond cream in the middle was a little strong for my taste, but
if you love almonds like my dad then this tart would have been great.

Gingersnaps
My little slice of Christmas in July


Cookies :)
Fig newtons, Spritskakor, Chocolate Heaven, and Vanilla Crescents



My partner, Wai, Filling the Spritskakor cookies with jam.
The bottom three rows are my rosettes, which Chef Jean
complemented me on.



3 comments:

  1. Looks amazing J-Lyn! Matt is going crazy over the cookies called Chocolate Heaven. :)
    Miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cool jeralyn. looks delicious!!! have an amazing time : ]

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're eating Olivia's chocolate chip cookies at Cousins Camp (Kingsport, with Jody) and missing you! We are all very excited about your adventure!

    Lots of love,
    Jody, Miriam, Amy, Joe, Thomas, Parker, Spencer, Roy, Olivia, Alafair, Tori, & James

    ReplyDelete